Pages

Friday 2 August 2013

Estimating



WALT use non standard to find the area for the shape. Mrs Richardson told us to go outside to and draw a shape to see how many students could fit in the area of the by estimating how many people could fit in the area.I know that I have achieved this by estimating the area of my shape and checking to see if that was right. 
We were wrong we estimated that 5 students could fit in the area of the shape but it was 6 students that could fit in the area. This is my group sorting out how much students could fit.

1 comments:

Fiona Grant said...

Being able to estimate is a really useful skill. I use estimation all the time. The other day I had to estimate the size of my house for the insurance company.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.