Pages

Wednesday 14 December 2016

Yay! Waka ama Prize giving!


Who
What
When
Where
Why
Chloe
Carlos
Dad and
I (Celeste)
Prizegiving
Sunday night
Weekend
Ramp (Panama)
Waka ama




                           Waka ama Prizegiving



On Sunday night Carlos, Chloe my Dad and I went to the ramp near Panama road.

The ramp is where we watch Carlos practice his Waka ama. Sometimes, early and other times it finishes really late. Next to the ramp is a club area, and that’s where we had our prizegiving. It was supposed to start at 6:00 pm we got there on time, but when we arrived it didn’t even start yet because other people were still using the club. We waited for a while, then my sister and I got bored so we walked down the hill and stood on the actual ramp. My hair started to get messy from all the wind so I asked my sister (Chloe) if she could braid my hair, I sat down on a chair and she started braiding. By the time she finished we walked up and everyone was already upstairs in the room, waiting for the prizegiving to start. We quickly rushed upstairs but we were too scared to walk in because there was a lady greeting everyone and saying thanks to everyone for coming.

So Chloe and I just waited outside, while we were waiting outside I was looking around to see if there were any spare seats left. A while after she greeted everyone, the manager of Carlos’ Waka team (Amanda) and another parent that supported the team went outside for a quick stroll around, told us to sit in their seats we didn’t really want to but then I just thought to myself that maybe they said that because they wanted us to save their seats, as soon as I thought of that I told Chloe then we headed towards the seats, and sat down. When we saw them approach the table we thought that we would have to move out of their seats, instead we ended up moving to the side so that they could fit their chairs in. After a while Chloe and I started to play hangman on a piece of paper, in the middle of the game a man stood up and told us a speech, to me the main idea he was talking about was to succeed in school and get a useful job.

He had finished saying his speech, then most of the boys stood up and walked outside to grab all the food that was waiting in another room. What we had to eat was hangi, it is a maori food that they boil up, in a tin foil container, it was packed with boiled vegetables, boiled piece of pork a boiled chicken leg and substance that I couldn’t explain but it was good. We had all finished our and after we were given the opportunity to choose what we wanted to eat fruit or cake, unfortunately another parent that was sitting on our table chose cake, and the only reason that I didn’t really want cake was because it was red velvet cake, and I didn’t really like red velvet. But after I ate 2 pieces of cake, I stopped because I thought that it would get nicer, but instead it was getting even more gross. Luckily a few minutes after that the fruit finally came to our table, even though it was just pineapple it was still nice. At first I thought that the pineapple would be really sour, but it ended up being really sweet. I’m really excited until my prizegiving comes up. And get an oppurtunity to win medals for waka ama.



1 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW CELESTE! What huge blog posts you write! You would definitely do well in our Summer Learning Journey Programme.

Kia ora, you don't know me yet, but I'm Mark, a teacher working on the programme you signed up for at the end of the school year. I was just checking who was participating and came across this really well written blog of yours!

I thought I better use this opportunity to remind you that the SLJ is still available for you to start anytime. It's quite cool, with lots of activities about travel in it, just in case you need something different to do this summer haha!

I hope you're having a wonderful holiday!

Keep up the great work!

Mark

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.